Friday, March 21, 2008

Spur of the moment...

Have you ever done something out of character, spontaneous and spur of the moment? Well, I did earlier this week. With time running out here, knowing we were going to be half way across the country and nowhere close to Disneyland...I decided early Sunday morning that it was "do or die" time. So...after church, the girls and I, along with a very surprised friend who we invited, headed to Anaheim for two days at Disneyland!! We had been talking about going for over two years, even planned a couple trips that fell through and time was running out...so we just got in the car and went! Crazy! Ken was still in MS working when I called and told him we were going. He's never been a big fan of going so the first question he asked was "Do I have to go?" I told him "No, cause we're leaving in about 30 minutes!" Needless to say, he was pretty shocked! On the way, the girls kept saying it didn't feel like we were going to Disneyland cause they didn't get any "build-up" time. But once we pulled off the freeway at the "Disneyland" sign...it sunk in!! Unfortunately Monday happened to be the first day of Spring Break for most of CA and AZ so EVERYONE was there. We did get in early and rode all the big rides a couple of times before the crowd really hit. We loved the rollercoasters but I didn't enjoy getting soaked in Splash Mountain just before the Electric Light Parade...cold! Tower of Terror was awesome and California Screamin was the best!! The one thing we missed was getting pictures with the Princesses. It was always a minimum of a 2 1/2 hour wait...they don't walk around the park anymore. We must have walked a hundred miles and after the drive home I literally couldn't stand up! My hips were frozen in place (not as young as I was the last time we went...13 years ago!) We had a great time and now I can leave without the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" regret.

No comments: