Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Joys of moving

Why is it that when it's time to move you start fixing up the house for someone else to enjoy instead of fixing it up to enjoy yourself? Well...that's what we've been doing for the past while. We had new tile installed and painted inside and out. The tile guys managed to leave about 2 inches of dust on everything so it looks like we'll be taking quite a bit of AZ dust with us to MS. The tile did turn out great but since I'm not used to walking on it...my feet are killing me! I've decided that I don't like tile. I'd rather have hard wood floors so I guess it's ok that I won't be staying to enjoy the new floors. We've also been dejunking for weeks and didn't even make a dent. Then, when the movers came, all the remaining junk seemed to have multiplied. We've given away tons of stuff, appliances etc and still the "main mover" said we're probably over the weight limit. Guess that's what you get when you have an "emotional attachment to everything that comes into the house." (my disorder) I boxed up my teaching files and books (which added greatly to our 'overweightness') and closed the door on my classroom for the last time yesterday. It was bitter sweet...I love what I do and who I work with...I'm just tired and really am anxious to just spend time moving into our new life and being with Ken and the girls without having to worry about grading homework.

No comments: