Friday, October 10, 2008

Chelsey is 18!!!!

On October 8th, Chelsey turned 18!! I can't believe that my baby is 18 years old! I'm not ready for that!! Where has the time gone? She was pretty anxious for the day to come...mainly because Clint was coming out for a visit but even still, she was counting down the days weeks ahead of time. I took the day off from work, slept in and then the girls and I went out shopping for the "birthday outfit" including accessories (which is a rare thing that I purchase). She didn't find anything!! We did go to Olive Garden for lunch and celebrated her 'time of birth' there. Later that evening (after a pop-in at YW) we had brownies and played UNO (I won). We read off the birthday game answers, laughed and got homesick for everyone. There were calls from family all day long, which was a treat...especially the call from Jake and Emily right at singing and candle time!! Made it feel like you were all here with us!!! She said she had the best birthday ever...but honestly, the visit from Clint made it so. She didn't get her Honda Civic, silver, sunroof and a spoiler but we did test drive an Accord with no sunroof or spoiler but too many miles. I know she wanted the car with a big red bow on it...but it didn't happen...but it will...someday!!! She's grown into a beautiful young woman, hard-working, dedicated and thoughtful with a testimony of Christ. We couldn't ask for more!

No comments: